Keep your home and property safe while you're away! The Perry Township Police offer daily house checks while you're on vacation. When you sign up for a vacation house check, our officers will regularly check by your home to make sure it's safe and secure.
Submit a Request
Here are a few safety tips before you leave:
- Arrange for a trusted neighbor to do some yard upkeep or park a car in your driveway.
- Be careful about who you tell of your vacation plans.
- Don't forget to lock your doors and windows.
- Leave emergency contact numbers with someone you trust.
- Remember, burglars find house keys easily when they are hidden in potted plants, under doormats, or above the door ledge.
- Stop all postal and newspaper deliveries.
- Try and maintain a "lived in" look while you are away. Use timers on lights and turn the ring tone down on your phones.
Have a great vacation!